LEDAS  
Leicester Database and Archive Service
 
ARNIE Index
ARNIE Help
ARNIE Tutorial
Search...
All databases
All helpfiles
Line
Footer
E-mail

SAXAO: Help

SAXAO - BeppoSAX Approved Pointings


Overview

The SAXAO database contains the list of the all accepted AO1/AO2/AO3/A04/AO5 SAX CORE and GO program proposals, approved for the first year of operations. The database also includes targets scheduled for the Science Verification Phase (SVP) (from launch, 30 April 1996, till August 1996). The CORE program includes proposals led by Principal Investigator belonging to Italian or Dutch institutions, to the Space Science Department of ESA or to the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestial Physics in Garching. Approximately 80 percent of the first year observing time is allocated to the CORE program. The remaining 20 percent of time for the first year operations is reserved for the GO program. For the AO2 60 percent is allocated to the the CORE program and 40 percent to the GO. For the AO3 and AO4 50 percent is allocated to the the CORE program and 50 percent to the GO. More information on the SAX mission is available at the following address http://www.asdc.asi.it and also http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/sax/saxgof.html.

Data Products

The single data product associated with the entries in this table is an ASCII file that contains the proposal abstract.

Abstracts

The proposal abstracts for AO1, AO2, AO3, AO4 and AO5 are available via anonymous FTP at ftp://legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov/sax/abstracts/ao/. Note that abstracts are not all available for SVP observations.

Parameters

Cycle
The AO number.

Prnb
The proposal number.

Hardware_Group
If the observation belongs to the hardware groups.

Priority
The priority of the observation. Priority values are A and B. Priority A proposals not done during the first year will be carried over in the AO2. Priority B proposals have 50 % chance to be carried out. If not done in AO1, the B priority targets will not be scheduled in the AO2. The same rule is valid for AO2/AO3/AO4/AO5.

PI_Name
The name of the principal investigator.

PI_Institute
The institute of the principal investgator.

PI_Country
The country of the principal investigator.

Title
The title of the proposal.

Subject_Category
The proposal category which is defined as follows: 1=stars, 2=compact galactic, 3=snr, 4=normal galaxies, 5=AGN, 6=cluster of galaxies,7=other

Observation_Program
If target approved are for the Core Program (CP), Guest Observers program (GOP), or the Science Verification Phase (SVP).

Proposal_Type
Two types of proposal are available: TOO and STANDARD.

Proposal_Class
The proposal classification. The avaliable classes are: stars, compact galactic, snr, normal galaxies, AGN, cluster of galaxies, other

RA
The requested Right Ascension pointing position as given in the proposal.

Dec
The requested Declination pointing position as given in the proposal.

LII
The requested Galactic longitude.

BII
The requested Galactic latitude.

Name
The designation of the target as supplied by the PI.

Time_Awarded
The total approved exposure time in seconds. A number of the TOO proposals have been merged and therefore the exposure time associated with a given TOO pointing may not refer to the original proposal.

Seq_ID
Sequence number of the observation.

File_Name
Proposal file name

Class
The Browse object classification. For this database the class field has been populated using the value in the PROPOSAL_CLASS field.


Contact Person

Questions regarding the SAXAO database table can be addressed to the HEASARC User Hotline.
If you have any problems, please consult the help page or mail ledas-help@star.le.ac.uk
 
HOME
SEARCH
SERVICES INFO SOFTWARE ViZieR BLASTA DSS
ARCHIVES ASCA CHANDRA GINGA ROSAT ARNIE