==> xtepublic.html <==
XTEPUBLIC: RXTE Archived Public Data
The XTEPUBLIC table is based on information culled from the RXTE Data
Archive's latest top-level FMI (FITS Master Index) file that is created when
data products are made publicly available each week. ObsIDs listed in this
table are available for download from
See the parameter data_loc for the exact location of specific
ObsIDs. No slew ObsIDs are listed in this table. If you are interested in
slew data, please refer to the XTESLEW table.
The XTEPUBLIC table is updated automatically on a weekly basis whenever the
RXTE GOF updates the top-level FITS Master Index (FMI) file for the public
data archive and notifies the HEASARC.
The observation's unique identifier.
XTE cycle (AO phase) number to which the observation belongs.
IOC observations have cycle = 0.
Proposal number of the observation.
Target number of the observation in the proposal.
The type of event associated with the observation where:
The time the observation started.
The time the observation stopped.
The name of the principle investigator for the XTE Observation Request.
The name of the source or target of the observation.
Right ascension of the target.
Declination of the target.
Galactic Longitude of the target.
Galactic Latitude of the target.
If the data is stored on-line, the path to the directory will be at
- A = slew before observation (available for public)
- S = raster scan observation
- Z = slew after observation (available for public)
- 0-9 = parts of an observation that's broken into shorter pieces
- B-R = (potentially) realtime changes in configurations
The XTEPUBLIC table has the following data products categories defined:
- Complete Data Directory of a Single XTE Observation (FULL OBSID)
- This set contains the entire ObsID directory for each selected
observation. The ObsID directory contains all the data
products for each observation.
- Standard Products (including GIFs) of a Single RXTE Observation (STDPRODS)
- Same as FULL OBSID except it contains only the "stdprod"
subdirectory in the data directory for each selected ObsID.
The processed GIFs are also included since they are in a
subdirectory under the "stdprod" directory.
- GIF Standard Products of a Single RXTE Observation (GIFS)
- Same as STDPRODS except it contains only the "GIFS" subdirectory
under the data directory for each selected ObsID.
- PCA Summary Quicklook GIFs of a Single RXTE Observation (SUMMARY GIFS)
- A subset of the GIFS category consisting of just two GIFs: the
PCA Net Cleaned Light Curve and the PCA Net Cleaned Spectrum.
- Merged Lightcurves (MERGEDPRODS)
- This category contains lightcurves in FITS and GIF formats
constructed by combining all of the observation data from the
specified proposal for each target. Thus, these products are
derived from multiple ObsIDs usually. If the time period in which
the observations were made spans more than one detector gain
epoch, then there will be separate lightcurves for each epoch.
Questions about XTEPUBLIC can be addressed to the
HEASARC User Hotline.
If you have any problems, please consult the help
page or mail firstname.lastname@example.org